Global Overseas Adoptees’ Link is pleased to announce the 2017 First Trip Home.
Our application period will be March 2, 2017 to April 21, 2017.
The application is open to current G.O.A.’L members. (If your membership is not current on the date of your application, it will not be considered).
Since 2008 Global Overseas Adoptees’ Link (G.O.A.’L) has arranged First Trip Home to reconnect Korean adoptees with their origins and provide a unique experience for participants. First Trip Home is intended for adoptees that have never previously returned to Korea, and would like to do so in order to reconnect with Korea. Rather than a typical sightseeing tour of Korea, First Trip Home is focused on helping adoptees reconnect with their origins in a meaningful way with a special focus on birth family search.
This year’s program will take place from Monday, August 21, 2017 to Thursday, August 31 2017.
0) Log into the G.O.A.’L Website. If you do not have a profile on our website, create a profile, confirm your profile via the verification email, and then log into the G.O.A.’L Website.
1) Ensure your profile is up-to-date and membership is current
2) Once your profile and membership is current click here to apply.
- Please note: An email address is required to confirm your registration and application. Also, we require applicants to have a SKYPE ID in order to contact you for the application interview process. You will be asked for your SKYPE ID on the application form.
3) After G.O.A.’L receives your application. You will be contacted for an interview via Skype.
4) Selected candidates will be notified via email by the date below.
Any adoptee G.O.A.’L member is welcome to apply, however, we generally select First Trip Home participants based on the following criteria:
- You have never returned to Korea since your adoption.
- The availability of information about your origins.
- Interview and Essay Response
Tentative Trip Content
From: Monday, August 21st, 2017
To: Thursday, August 31st, 2017
(The finalized itinerary will be released after participant selection.)
Check-in, Registration, Orientation, Welcome Dinner, Agency Visits, Korea Adoption Services Visit, Cultural Activities
Birth Family Search Activities, Exploring Korea, and Closing Dinner.
Participants will also have the opportunity to network with adoptees living in Korea in a casual, social environment.
You may have the possibility of appearing in different Korean media to share your story with the Korean public. Be aware media opportunities may come at short notice and/or without advanced scheduling during the trip based on media availability.
Expenses to You
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
-Airfare to and from Korea
-Accommodation before the tour starts and after the tour ends.
-Meals that are not part of the official program
-Some in-country transportation (G.O.A.’L will provide some public transportation costs)
Application Deadline (All times are shown in 24-Hour time)
Seoul: FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017: 23:59 KST
Central European Time: FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017 15:59
Los Angeles: FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017 6:59 (Morning)
New York: FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017 9:59 (Morning)
Sydney: SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2017 1:59 (Morning)
Selected participants will be notified by email on MAY 8, 2017
If you have further questions please feel free to contact us.
Korea Klubben’s medlemmer kan kontakte Jes for yderligere info HUSK at oplyse medlemsnummer email@example.com